When you start to think about what is really happening in the wake of Covid19, it can be hard to stay positive, so our team has compiled a great list of things they’re watching, learning or doing to beat the blues and remain positive.
It’s important to stay positive, stay connected and stay at home but the days can start to blur so what can you do? Try to keep up with your normal routine as much as possible?… We’ve all heard this since the start of the lockdown but even that’s hard when you’re at home, so here’s our list of how we are staying positive and continuing to laugh.
Our favourite learning resources online, to sharpen our blades
- Hubspot has a wealth of video training resources and they are not all about using Hubspot. From content marketing to growth driven design, they have a course that’s bound to spark some intrigue https://academy.hubspot.com/
- BBC Languages – Always wanted to learn a language?… Access the BBC’s free lessons and online courses
- Jumpstart your creativity with these 10 Creative Online Courses You Can Take for Free including; Psychology of Art and Creativity, Creative Problem Solving and Design Thinking and Creativity for Innovation
- Explore online courses to continue studying, build professional skills, and connect with experts https://www.futurelearn.com/
- CMI https://www.managers.org.uk/
Our list of must-read books
- Shoe Dog – Phil Knight
- Good to Great – Jim Collins
- Turning the Flywheel – Jim Collins
- Maverick – Ricard Semler
- Construction Related – Routledge Pocket Books
- The Road to Wigan Pier – George Orwell
- Black Box Thinking – Matthew Syed
Our favourite FREE apps
- Scanner – allows photos of documents to become PDF
- BBC News
Our favourite games on our phones
- Tap the frog – Everyone’s favorite Frog is on a mission to become a Frog Prince! Join the Frog as he embarks on an adventure that will take him from the lily pads of his home pond to the farthest reaches of outer space. Easy to play yet challenging to master, Tap the Frog will keep you entertained forever.
- Simons Cat – Crunch time – Simon’s Cat: Crunch Time. Join Simon’s Cat, Maisy, Chloe and Jazz, and a cast of determined kitties on a colourful adventure through some pawsome new places where Treats are just waiting to be eaten.
- Dig this – (addictive) – Dig this! Just dig with your fingers — and guide the ball to the cup. It’s easy, yet challenging. There is often a trick to solve the levels, sometimes you need take advantage of the objects’ speed, sometimes you need to make objects collide, but often it is enough to use your intuitive thinking.
- BlockuDoku – BlockuDoku is a fabulous combination of sudoku and block puzzle games. It’s a simple yet challenging puzzle you won’t be able to put aside. Match blocks to complete lines and squares to get them removed. Keep the board clean and beat your high score.
- Magic puzzles – Magic Jigsaw Puzzles is the largest jigsaw puzzle game and community online, with over 25,000 HD pictures to relax and solve, new free daily jigsaws and photos curated from National Geographic and Sony Pictures! Discover why 50 million jigsaw puzzles are solved every month!
Our list of best exercise videos to watch online
- Joe Wicks – Joe Wicks has been keeping the nation fit with his live YouTube exercise sessions
Our sources of inspiration
- The sophisticated marketer –
- Arnold Schwarzenegger – The speech that broke the internet (this is a must see to the end if you have not seen it)
- William McRaven, US Navy Admiral – If You Want to Change the World, Start Off by Making Your Bed –
Our favourite TED talks
- Allan Savory – How to green the world’s deserts and reverse climate change
- Simon Sinek – How great leaders inspire action
Must watch – Funniest series / TV shows
- Curb your enthusiasm
- Task Master
- Gordon, Gino & Fred – Road Trip
- Two and a Half Men
- The Big Bang theory
- The Goldbergs
- Your Face or Mine
- 8 out of 10 does countdown
- League of their own
Must watch – Best series to watch on Netflix
- How to get away with murder
- Designated survivor
- Stranger Things
- The Crown
- Top Boy
- Black Mirror
- The Haunting of Hill House
- Sex Education
- The End of the F*****g world
Favourite Albums we’ve not listened to for at least 10 years!
- Craig David – Fill Me In
- Coldplay – Parachutes
We hope you found some gems amongst our list but we’d love to know how you are staying positive, what your favourite box sets are or even your new exercise routine.